Smiley

Hi, welcome to my blog(still feel somehow saying that). Enjoy

Friday, March 30, 2007

It better be worth it!!

So i am at that stage right now 3rd year of university (one year to go) and to be honest I'm losing it

On my way back from uni, I bumped into a friend- P from eastern Europe; we worked together in a large grocery store when i was in college. he worked full time i worked part-time
I got fired on my last day,kai, i was going to inform them about my uni plans as well feeling happy and all..

Supervisor: You've been warned several times about your lateness
D : But it's only five minutes

Supervisor: Yea, and it all adds up after 1 year
D : Erm Marvin, i was going to tell you I'm leaving today y'know
instead of sacking me why don't i just resign

Supervisor: Oh really? well see it like this we got you first! so sign here
D :(walking out..) Your papa! sign ko signature ni, jealousy go kill all of you
na, did i say you shouldn't go to school eh?

where was i? so P is smiling from ear to ear as they say, we talked about work and school. He was surprised I'm just going home (it was 7.45pm; i left home 7.45am); complained a bit(alot actually) about how I'm getting tired of the routine, he's teasing me about when i finish i will be wearing suit n tie ordering some people about-yea i wish!
He left the grocery store some months ago, now working with another guy as a kitchen fitter(lazy boy alert!) apparently he's earning £400-£600 a week cash in hand!! chei

He was going on about how he already built a 3-storey-hotel back home and he's getting married this summer...

I left him on the train promising to get in touch...on my way from the station, i bumped into T, a family friend from Nigeria.

T usually comes for holiday but after getting his diploma in Nigeria, he came here with a two year visiting visa with the hope of getting a part-time job for the meantime whilst they sort his university admission out back in naija.

To cut long tory.. T was getting comfy with the job, they offered him full-time position at a stationary warehouse(lazy boy alert!) he's earning £1,600 after tax! chei..he was planing on getting a student visa but the price knocked him back! all you international students out there i hail o!!

So I'm dragging myself up every morning, going out coming in....I'm wondering is this shizzle worth it, at the end of the day I'll probably be getting about the same thing as a full-time sales assistant

Anyway sha, Mr Brian, snelling, Mr smith..I'll sue Ur ass if i don't get a decent job and run off with the student loan!

TL2B too lazy to blog
+++++++

My exams are starting in May, and im also thinking of getting this APM certificate, the first test is also in May, considering the location (just outside London)i t will be more convenient but my other exams i don't know the time table yet....what to do... what to do? the next test is in august

"failure is not only the punishment for laziness; there is also the success of others." - Jules Renard

Labels: , ,

18 Comments:

  • At 6:27 pm, Blogger Zaynnah Magazine said…

    Lol! I like the "lazy boy alerts".

    Seriously speaking though, 'the shizzle' is definitely worth it. All that struggling and studying will pay off in the end.

    Hang in there!

     
  • At 9:26 pm, Blogger vindication through innocence said…

    trust me!!its worth it!!saw one geezer about 30+ cleaning up all sorts of rubbish at birmingham coach station and i thought-'this is why i go to uni'!!men, just keep at it!Im in my final year and i cant wait to finish!!ur almost there

     
  • At 11:41 pm, Blogger IJEOMA said…

    of course its worth it.. not even for the monetary gains, but just because of what it does for your mind.

     
  • At 10:00 am, Blogger יש (Yosh) said…

    See dilemma o! Don't lose focus sha, yours should be different. I know how hard it appears now, they be spending, you be working. But you know you'll always have an edge, never forget that!

    Thanks for stopping by! :) Loving the comment! :-p

     
  • At 11:32 am, Blogger BiMbyLaDs** said…

    lol.. first time on ur blog..why dont u do the PMI instead of the APM?? drop me an email if you want some project management tips.. owkay!!

    ull be alright sho'gbo!

     
  • At 4:35 pm, Blogger Simply Gorgeous said…

    It is definitely something you should pursue Dami. The end results are worth all of your sacrifice...

    The results are in. Come and see who made it to the next level!

     
  • At 8:06 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Boi it worth doin...wen did u start...and now u hv only got one year 2 go....be4 u knw u wld get a gud job....start workin....makin money. TRUST ME ITS WORTH DOING.

     
  • At 9:34 pm, Blogger Monef said…

    It is definitely worth your while, and will become much clearer in the long run. Hang in there, the end is in sight.

     
  • At 11:40 pm, Blogger Nilla said…

    I like the Jules Renard quote.

    Good luck with your plans...

     
  • At 9:43 am, Blogger יש (Yosh) said…

    hahaha, no be sugar mommy o! :P Dis guy self, see where ya mind don already go.

    Hope it's all good, man! thx for stoppin o'er

     
  • At 10:55 am, Blogger Unknown said…

    update sir!

     
  • At 12:13 am, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I seem to remember a Planet P in that Robert Heinlein book, Starship Troopers.

     
  • At 8:15 pm, Blogger SOLOMONSYDELLE said…

    Dami, take it easy! Everyone feels that way when the finish line is coming up on the horizon. The hardwork is definitely worth it! We are all rooting for you.

     
  • At 6:33 am, Blogger Unknown said…

    You are at the worst stage of life work-wise. It is scary. Hang in there. You will find something. And then in a few years, you'll find your feet. But it does take a few years. SO BE BRAVE! I'm rooting for you.

    Snuffy

     
  • At 12:47 am, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I hope school is okay and that you are well.

    When you get a little time, please stop by NIGERIAN CURIOSITY at
    http://nigeriancuriosity.blogspot.com

    and participate in the Nigerian Proclamation.

    Thanks and update soon, oh!

     
  • At 12:49 am, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    DON'T KNOW WHY I WROTE THE WRONG NAM ABOVE...

    I hope school is okay and that you are well.

    When you get a little time, please stop by NIGERIAN CURIOSITY at
    http://nigeriancuriosity.blogspot.com

    and participate in the Nigerian Proclamation.

    Thanks and update soon, oh!

     
  • At 4:18 pm, Blogger Idemili said…

    *Hiss* Let's not even start gisting about careers.

     
  • At 12:40 am, Blogger Unknown said…

    Welcome to my world. As a trained engineer, I work in an industry, where anyone(ex-chef, cleaner etc with some brains) can get a job in my company, work for 4-5yrs in the field(offshore, onshore etc) and be called an engineer later...and become your manager and earn more than you and you ask...was it worth it? I coulda spent the 4-5yrs of my uni life earning money and gaining practical experience in the field, than deriving that stupid equation and doing that ficticious project and jealousy creeps in....Hahahaha

     

Post a Comment

<< Home